Getting details on Pivot Table that value filters

Dsnant

Hello,

I am usually not too bad with Excel, but I can't figure out this.

Here is the issue I am facing. I have a very large set of data, with many different fields. In short, it shows all unique sales to customers with countries, product lines, month and other variables.

I have done a pivot table showing the total sales by customer and product lines for the year. Of course, this shows a very long list, and not all mix of customer/product line are of interest. From there, I only wanted to see the customers who have purchased over a certain amount of a product line during the year (let's say 25k). To do so, I used the value filter (right click on the last "ROW" field, and the go to Filters>Value Filters).
This showed exactly what I wanted, and eliminated about 80% of the mix customers/product lines. From there, I was asked to pull back the details we started from, but only for I selected. I thought double clicking on the total at the end of the pivot table would do the trick, but instead, it drilled down to the entire set of data I started with.
Therefore, my question is simple, how do I get to see only the informaion making up what I selected with the value filters (mix of customer/product line above 25k)?

I thought if I could get the details for multiple cells from the pivot table at the same time (of course with all outputs in the same sheet), it could do the trick, but I wasn't able to do this either.

Alternatively, what other options do I have?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
No one answered, but I found something that worked for me. Maybe, it will be useful to others.

I have simply grouped all the data filtered with values (in my case >25k), then made sure I had the subtotal showing. From there, I double clicked on the subtotal value to only get the details I wanted.
Finally, I ungrouped the field and went back to the original format.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back