Getting multiple values from a list for all items

justme101

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a list which has multiple line items for products which may repeat, and the next column has values which will change with each repetition as the fee changes.

1.jpg

Now, in the next sheet, there is a list which has no duplicates of the product names, but still all the different price changes for each product, like the 3 prices for product A, needs to be filled in the same row:

2.jpg

So, for e.g. product A will have its 3 different prices in the same row, but multiple columns can be used as it is empty after the column C. I did find a very complex formula for some website but pulled my hair trying to adjust it to my sheet. Any help here with a customized formula is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Hey Fluff, just updated that. I am using Excel 365 on Windows 10. BTW, looking at your response has always instilled hope since I have been following this forum. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. (y)
How about
Excel Formula:
=TRANSPOSE(FILTER(Sheet1!$C$3:$C$16,Sheet1!$B$3:$B$16=C3))

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks for that. (y)
How about
Excel Formula:
=TRANSPOSE(FILTER(Sheet1!$C$3:$C$16,Sheet1!$B$3:$B$16=C3))
Well, I'll be damned. This is smaller than the length of the actual product name I have. :p Thank you so much for this. So, I am guessing if the product names are in the columns, instead of rows, I just remove the TRANSPOSE and adjust accordingly?

Upvote 0
That should work. :)
and 1 more thing, I checked this in office 2019, it didn't work. Is there any list which has the formulas which work and don't work between various versions?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcaw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back