Getting results with multiple criteria and multiple results

legoboy177

Hello all,

I have a worksheet that has all my board games and relevant playing data.

Column A is the minimum players
Column B is the Maximum players
Column C is the Game Type (Board, Dice, Etc.)
Column D is the Play Type (Co-Op or Comp)
Column E is the Game’s Title

I was to have a section where I can type in the number of players, the game type, and the play type and it give me all possible games that fit that criteria.

The number of players I input would have to fall in between and including the minimum and maximum players allowed for that game.

I have looked up multiple different formulas for an Array with Small, If, and Index but none of them seem to work correctly.

I do NOT want to use VBA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Look at the following example, in cells H5, H6 and H7 you put the criteria. The formula is array to accept you must press Shift + Control + Enter.

It is important that the formula is in all the rows where you have data, in my example the data goes from row 2 to 7, in the same way the formulas must be from J2 to J7.
You can copy the formula in cells J2 to J7, select the cells from J2 to J7, press the F2 key to edit, then to accept press the Shift + Control + Enter keys

<b>Sheet</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:88px;" /><col style="width:91px;" /><col style="width:76px;" /><col style="width:69px;" /><col style="width:76px;" /><col style="width:26px;" /><col style="width:91px;" /><col style="width:91px;" /><col style="width:27px;" /><col style="width:80px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td><td >D</td><td >E</td><td >F</td><td >G</td><td >H</td><td >I</td><td >J</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; text-align:center; ">MIN PLAYERS</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; text-align:center; ">MAX PLAYERS</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; text-align:center; ">GAME TYPE</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; text-align:center; ">PLAY TYPE</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; text-align:center; ">TITLE</td><td > </td><td style="background-color:#92d050; ">NUM PLAYERS</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; text-align:center; ">5</td><td > </td><td style="background-color:#92d050; text-align:center; ">TITLE</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td style="text-align:center; ">2</td><td style="text-align:center; ">8</td><td >Board</td><td >Co-op</td><td >Monopoly</td><td > </td><td style="background-color:#92d050; ">GAME TYPE</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; text-align:center; ">Board</td><td > </td><td >Risk</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td style="text-align:center; ">2</td><td style="text-align:center; ">4</td><td >Board</td><td >Co-op</td><td >Scrabble</td><td > </td><td style="background-color:#92d050; ">PLAY TYPE</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; text-align:center; ">Comp</td><td > </td><td >One</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td style="text-align:center; ">4</td><td style="text-align:center; ">6</td><td >Board</td><td >Comp</td><td >Risk</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >5</td><td style="text-align:center; ">3</td><td style="text-align:center; ">5</td><td >Dice</td><td >Comp</td><td >Beat</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >6</td><td style="text-align:center; ">2</td><td style="text-align:center; ">4</td><td >Dice</td><td >Comp</td><td >RUN</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >7</td><td style="text-align:center; ">5</td><td style="text-align:center; ">7</td><td >Board</td><td >Comp</td><td >One</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Formulas</b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Array Formula</td></tr><tr><td >J2</td><td >{=IFERROR(INDEX($E$1:$E$7, SMALL(IF($A$2:$A$7<=$H$1, IF($B$2:$B$7>=$H$1,IF($C$2:$C$7=$H$2,IF($D$2:$D$7=$H$3,ROW())))), ROW()-1)),"")}</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br /><br />

Upvote 0
Look at the following example, in cells H5, H6 and H7 you put the criteria. The formula is array to accept you must press Shift + Control + Enter.

It is important that the formula is in all the rows where you have data, in my example the data goes from row 2 to 7, in the same way the formulas must be from J2 to J7.
You can copy the formula in cells J2 to J7, select the cells from J2 to J7, press the F2 key to edit, then to accept press the Shift + Control + Enter keys

Sheet

ABCDEFGHIJ
1MIN PLAYERSMAX PLAYERSGAME TYPEPLAY TYPETITLENUM PLAYERS5TITLE
228BoardCo-opMonopolyGAME TYPEBoardRisk
324BoardCo-opScrabblePLAY TYPECompOne
446BoardCompRisk
535DiceCompBeat
624DiceCompRUN
757BoardCompOne

<tbody>
</tbody>

Formulas
CellArray Formula
J2{=IFERROR(INDEX($E$1:$E$7, SMALL(IF($A$2:$A$7<=$H$1, IF($B$2:$B$7>=$H$1,IF($C$2:$C$7=$H$2,IF($D$2:$D$7=$H$3,ROW())))), ROW()-1)),"")}

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks though i'm still getting inaccurate result. I've attached a link to my document.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Amu3QUCCAymHvhKvgqBmvXaJCUGm

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back