getting the value of a cell from a closed workbook

sammendac

Help

I have several workbooks and a master. I need to get the values of cells in the other workbooks into my Master. I need the VBA solution and as I am fairly new to VBA I would like it to be simple.

Any Ideas and thanks in advance.:confused:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
You can get individual cell data from closed books without using VBA - is this not a desired solution?

Upvote 0
You can also use this link like any other function: ='T:\File Path\[File Name.xlsx]Tab_Name'!C32 * -1 would negate the value if you are dealing with credits/debits

Upvote 0
You can also use this link like any other function: ='T:\File Path\[File Name.xlsx]Tab_Name'!C32 * -1 would negate the value if you are dealing with credits/debits

Thanks Xeroh. I already use that but I thought that it would be easier to use VBA.

again Thanks

Upvote 0
Extracting data from a closed workbook cell-by-cell may be slow. If it is only a few cells per workbook, and keeping the workbook closed is a big desire, you can check out VBA Express : Excel - Extract Data From Closed Workbooks

Hope that helps,

Mark

Mark Thanks

As I only want to look at 1 cell per Workbook, I will take a look and see if it does what I want. The reason why I want to use VBA is I need the data from the other workbooks to appear on an action (press a button) as they must be blank until then.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back