Ghosts

tippee

I am working in a 10 Mb Excel model with 20 worksheets so it is quite large. Something strange has happened recently; ghosts of different or the same worksheet are blocking sections of the spreadsheet I am working on. They will go away temporarily when I save the workbook. This is very annoying. Thoughts?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Which version of Excel? There are two recent MS updates that cause this behaviour - one for Excel 2003 and one for 2007. There is a hotfix available for 2003 but not for 2007 yet.

Upvote 0
Thanks Rorya. It was exactly what you thought. There are two MS Excel Security Updates, one for 2003 and one for 2007. When I removed them the problem went away. I appreciate your help.
Tippee

Upvote 0
Thanks Rorya. It was exactly what you thought. There are two MS Excel Security Updates, one for 2003 and one for 2007. When I removed them the problem went away. I appreciate your help.
Tippee

What waws the fix? I am having this issue with Excel 2007 and I am running excel files that are 30mb and multple tabs. It jumps/ghosts from tab to tab.

Was was the solution?

Upvote 0
There are two Excel Security Updates that I believe ended in KB...475 and KB...593. I deleted them. I found them in a Google search where someone had an issue and it worked. I don't know what was in them, but I have not had a problem since. I went to Add/Remove Programs and just looked for any Excel Security Update and deleted them. Soon after deleting, they were back in because I have automatic updates. Now I have the updater prompt me if I choose to download. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back