Give error/msgboxbox if cell hasent had any values for x times when clicking a button

Wicked_

Board Regular
Hi.

Is there a good way to make it so that if i click a button, the code will check if a spesific cell has had any values in the last 10 times (10 is just an example), and if it hasent, a error message /msgbox will appear?

Example.

Lets say A1 is the cell i want to check, and a button with some code that is going to run if i click it, then lets say if i fill the cell with a value, my normal code will run as normal, but if there has been no entries in that cell for 10 clicks on that button, a message will appear.

Thanks in advance :)

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Try something like this:

Code:
Dim x As Long
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    If Range("A1").Value = "" Then x = x + 1 Else x = 0
    If x >= 10 Then MsgBox "It's empty"
End Sub
'Dim x As Long' must be placed at the top of the module.

Akuini

Office Version
Platform
Windows
You're welcome, glad to help, & thanks for the feedback.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcisrly

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...