Goal Seek Help

ChrisP1

Hi Guys

Love the forum and used its answers anonymously many times, though today Ive come across a problem I cant find a solution too:

</SPAN>I need to know how to identify the number of required tickets to achieve / fail a Service Level Agreement (SLA) to help manage resource.

For example, if we are over achieving in one area, but failing in another, I would like to know how many tickets would it take to fail SLA on the over achieving area, and how many tickets would it take to achieve the under performing SLA.

I have an example table of data counting the number of tickets resolved within SLA and Outside SLA for 6 different Ticket Priorities. Each Priorityhas a target, some are over performing, some are under performing.

Total equals Sum of Within SLA and Breached SLA
% Within SLA equals Within SLA / Total (as percentage)

Ideally, I would like a plus or minus figure listed in the last column for each of the 6 values.

PriorityTargetWithin SLA Breached SLATotal% Within SLARequired to Fail / Achieve Target
P190%71887.50%
P290%505100%
P385%2853384.85%
P485%1981120997.74%
P960%72977.78%
VIP95%2212395.65%

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

I have tried to use Goal Seek to identify this value, but Goal Seek not only overwrites my original figures in Within SLA field, it also only appears to work for providing a figure for a failing target. It doesnt work for calculating a value for how many I can allow to breach before failling a target.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi

Apologies, a plus or minus value in the last column wouldnt work, we simply need to identify what has achieved target and what has failed. Once we know that (which we do), the next calculation is to see how many additional tickets are required to achieve the target, or fail the target depending on the result of the 1st calculation

This is where I have a problem, the issue seems to be that the increase in either the Within SLA value or the Breached SLA value also increase the total. So i'll never know what the total is unti l Ive worked out the additional number of Within SLA tickets or Breached SLA tickets required, but this is the value I'm trying to calculate in the first place....:LOL:

Using a manual calculation to achieve the P1 target of 90%, we would need an additional 12 tickets to be resolved within SLA...which would make the % Within Caluclation (19/20)*100 = 95%

The results for the remaining targets (without factoring in the potential increase on the would be:

P1: + 12 Within SLA Required to achieve target
P2: + 1 Breached SLA until failure
P3: + 17 Within SLA Required to achieve target
P4: + 24 Breached SLA until failure
P9: + 9 Breached SLA until failure
VIP: +1 Breached SLA until failure

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can you help me in identifying this? I need to find out the formula on what should be the minimum score to ensure that the target is met with a specified number of surveys.

ManagerCount Surveys% ScoreTarget Survey CountTargetSurveys NeededMin % Needed
Manager A1295.00%10893.50%96
Manager B1096.80%11093.50%100
Manager C1289.50%15493.50%142
Manager D1891.00%21293.50%194

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back