Goal Seek Not working

Apeman

Hi, I am new to the forum and looking for some help... I am stuck!!:mad::confused:

I am trying to use goal seek for a spreadsheet I am working on. When I use it i get a message that says "Goal Seeking with cell F4 may not have found a solution. The strange thing here is that when I do the maths manually and work out the correct figure and put that in the change cell it produces the end result I am looking for. It seems that the goal seek function is just not working in this particular workbook as it works fine in others.:confused:

Any help resolving this would be much appreciated.

joeu2004

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Without your telling us the system of formulas involved and your Goal Seek parameters, there is little we can do.

But generally, Goal Seek and Solver are not reliable if the system of formulas includes "discontinuities". Formulas with ROUND, MIN, MAX etc might not permit a smooth closing in on a solultion.

That said, if you can derive the solution algebraically, that is so much better than using Goal Seek and Solver.

Apeman

Fixed now... After many hours of digging I found a circular reference, which for some reason the Formulas Error Checking didn't pick up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vie

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...