goal seek questions

rogernz

Board Regular
When running a goal seek fuction from an equation, occasionally the equation will not be able to reach the required value as the equation curve will never reach that value - is there a vba goal seek equivalent, or an error handler I can use to halt the process of goal seek when used in a looping sequence. I have a code that runs, however when it encounters the point in the code where the equation will never reach the value, I want the code to either stop, or to more closely define the calling values so I can find the end point.

I input a vehicle wheelbase, and return the maximum or minimum chassis rear overhang to reach max stress. All this I can do and I can make it loop though a series of wheelbase iterations and return the rear overhang for each case, just need and error handler or a vba equivalent etc.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Can you control the number of iterations for the goalseek method?, ie if it doesn't find a solution after 50 attempts it returns a false

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks, will do some fiddling and see what works - I want to use an interupt on the looping code if it cannot find the value the solver or goalseek function is searching for - what is the best way to do this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back