MrGarciaZ

Hi guys,

Im looking for a sub goalseek that involves a loop making U8:U207 = 0 by changing the values in b2:q12

thank you

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
No sorry , cause with the solver tool I just can set one objective cell and my objective is to change every cell from u8 to u207

Thank you anyways

Upvote 0
The Solver tool sets one cell (the objective) to a given value (or minimum/maximum) by changing all of the parameter cells. You can set B2:Q12 to be those parameter cells. You can set A1 to be the objective cell with a formula of =SUM(U8:U207) and have the Solver set that to 0. You may need to add additional parameters to make sure that U8:U207 are non-negative.

With the information given, that's the best suggestion I can give. If you give more details about what you want to accomplish, I might have better suggestions.

Upvote 0
The Solver tool sets one cell (the objective) to a given value (or minimum/maximum) by changing all of the parameter cells. You can set B2:Q12 to be those parameter cells. You can set A1 to be the objective cell with a formula of =SUM(U8:U207) and have the Solver set that to 0. You may need to add additional parameters to make sure that U8:U207 are non-negative.

With the information given, that's the best suggestion I can give. If you give more details about what you want to accomplish, I might have better suggestions.

https://imgur.com/a/tvZbGoK

I want to do a perfect match between assets and liabilities, assets values(i have 16 assets) are in b2:q12 , I have to make either u8:207 or v8:207 to be 0(those are net value and cumulative net value) which means that Assets - liabilities are 0 in every date .

thank you

Upvote 0
I'm a bit lost on what you want. First, I think you have a persistent typo on the asset values, do you mean B2:Q2 (NOT B2:Q12)? Next, those values are all 1000 on your screen print. You want to change those values to something else, which I assume will affect the values in the column below, and that those values are rolled up into the values in column R (assets)? What formulas exist in B8:Q207? What formulas are in R8:R207? How are the liability values in T8:T207 created? Depending on what you really want, it's possible that it's impossible to do. It looks like you're trying to solve a system of 200 equations with 16 unknowns. Which, unless the stars align perfectly, will usually result in inconsistent results. In which case you could set Solver to minimize the sum of differences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back