Going conditonal formatting crazy!

mona4

Board Regular
I am very frustrated, pls could someone help me with this. I copied one column that has conditional formatting to another workbook. But it now isnt working, none of the rows are highlighting anymore, any suggestions would be great!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
The conditional formatting formula:

Formula is=CommentText(J1,"splits resolved")

This is formatted to background highlight light green, it works in one workbook but not the one i have pasted the column too.

Upvote 0
Surely that is not it.....
=Comment Text(J1,"splits resolved") is not any function I know of. Can you be more specific please?

Upvote 0
It definitely is, it is a formula that makes any row with a specific comment to highlight depending on ur condition set. A comment as in Insert|Comment. :biggrin:

Upvote 0
[good formula, I'll remember that one]

1. In your new (copied to) workbook, go in and check your entire CF'd range for broken references.

2. If thats not it, ...has your new workbook any pre-existing formatting you don't know about. If so, you may need (and try) to delete all the blank columns to the right, (or all the blank rows...all the way to 65,536!).
This sometimes works when trying to fix a mysterious CF problem.

3. Note: make sure you've checked for any slight variations in the CF or the value it is written to respond to. (Even the most meticulous person -- that would be me...lol -- can miss a minor flaw occasionally.)

Thanks,
Rob

Upvote 0
thanks for the suggestions, tries all the checks, but still not working, completely baffled on this one

Upvote 0
first chk in the new workbook, if the reference (j1) is the correct.
also, chk if the new workbook know this function.
write it on a cell to see if u get #NAME error

Upvote 0
The cell says true or false depending but not name error, so yes it is working in that way but still not highlighting

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back