Golf Match Play Calculations

PDXGolfGuy

Hey All, I am in some desperate need of help for a Ryder Cup (Match play) style golf tournament. We are doing a combination Ryder Cup team format over the course of 3 days, 8 players, teams of 2, as well as have an individual component to scoring our Net for a cash prize at the end. I have figured out basic calculations for the individual net scores sheet.

First Goal:
Goal is to have a player enter their score for a hole, take into account there handicap and if it should be applied (example, I am 18 HDCP therefore I get a stroke subtracted from my entered score each hole, whereas one of my players is a 2 HDCP and based on the course only gets 2 strokes subtracted on holes 6 and 12) and therefore give a score for them.

Second Goal:
Teams are put together during the 3 day tournament (teams 1 and 2, since it's 2 foursomes of golf its 2v2 or team 1A vs team 2A and team 1B vs team 2B. That said I would like to take into account individual scores from above and then based on teams compare which individual had lowest score per hole (i.e. {Player 1 team 1A scores 4, Player 2 team 1A scores a 3; Player 3 team 2A scores 4, Player 4 team 2A scores 5, therefore since player 2 team 1A scored a 3 their score would 'Win' their team the hole. If the hole is tied I would like a notation of either Halved or tied.

I have a added a link of the sheet 'Team Scores' https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Af3Tf2bzsLNWk1N2JaZWJiOEE and the look I am going for...and I am open to any suggestions, feedback, etc....

Thank you,
Excel Newb

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
this formula should work for you First goal.

Enter it in cell C28 Then fill right and fill down for the rest for the players scorecards.

=IF(C$3<=$B5,C5-1,C5)

Not sure what you are looking for in second Goal.

hth,

Ross

Upvote 0
Ross,

Thank you soo much, this totally works, you are awesome :) If I wanted to copy sheets for different course and update the course handicap information (Static portion in Grey - different for each course), will the calculations update automatically?

PDXGolfGuy

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would love to also see this spreadsheet please ,

Im trying to create something like this

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back