Google like search suggestions

ddoyle67

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have spent a long time searching for a way to do this but am not finding a solution. I have a workbook that one worksheet is used to do estimates. I have data validation lists in column D and E that have 50 items in D and over a hundred items in E and up to 300 rows that when combined look up all the pricing associated with that combo and qty in column B. Auto complete helps to an extent but falls short in one area. There can be anywhere from 2-8 items in the sheet/DV List that start with the same word or first 2 words so I have to drop down the list and scroll to the correct item, which takes time especially when its say item number 88. So having google like search suggestions pop up when someone starts to type would speed things up immensely. I have found the combox box ideas and the dynamic array ideas but these dont work for obvious reasons. Don't want the entire 2 columns made up of comboboxes or dynamic arrays need a second data validation list and the sheets for all the formulas/Arrays would be huge, besides I want it to give me the results as I type like combobox/google not have to type then drop down the data validation list to get results. Am I dreaming that this can even be done? I was thinking that VBA was my only option if it even was an option. Any thoughts?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Thanks. I downloaded the file and will take a look at it over the weekend to see if it will work for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postman24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back