Google Sheets: are there enough users to get our own forum?

gardnertoo

I have been an Excel user for many years, and a beneficiary of the great talent pool here at MrExcel. Now I am changing jobs, moving to a company that uses Google Sheets instead of Excel. I've been playing with it a bit this morning, and found that while most of my Excel experience will transfer directly, there are some differences. One annoying example: hitting F9 does not recalculate anything. :mad: One cool example: when you do recalculate, by changing a cell value for example, charts animate from their "before" values to their "after" values. It's pretty cool watching the dots on a scatter chart slide around. :biggrin: (OK, geek moment over...)

I am wondering if there are enough of us on the MrExcel board who use Google Sheets to justify having a dedicated sub forum? I did a search of the Excel forum, and many people with Google Sheets questions are getting Excel answers that work, but I doubt the lack of F9 function is going to be the only difference between the two.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Based on the massive response this post has generated, that's a "No" to my question, LOL!

Upvote 0
I think people rarely visit this forum, and that's the reason behind the "massive response" you have noticed.

J.Ty.

Upvote 0
That's true, probably a big part of it.

For those in the future who search for Google Sheets or Google Docs and find this thread, there IS a pretty active forum for those products hosted by Google. I just found it today, don't know yet if the level of expertise there is anything like what we enjoy here, but there is the occasional contribution from a member of the Google Docs team, so that's something.

Upvote 0
Could you post the address? I just happen to have a question...

J.Ty.

Upvote 0
There's a link in that last post. ;)

Upvote 0
Indeed.
Is there a method to change the colour of links in MrExcel, because they are extremely similar to the normal text (at least on my machine). I can find them only when I know that they are there.

J.Ty.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back