Google Sheets (Excel) - Always highlighted sheet?

TAPS_MikeDion

Office Version
  1. 2011
Platform
  1. MacOS
Would anyone happen to know why every time I go to one specific sheet in the Google Sheets/Excel workbook I'm working on, that particular sheet has all of its cells highlighted?

I'm guessing it's something simple I'm missing.

Every time I go to that one sheet, even if I click a cell to remove the highlighting, when I go back to that sheet, the entire sheet of cells is highlighted again.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Are you working in Excel or in Google? Or is it happening on both?
Is it happening just on one particular sheet or any sheet regardless?

have you checked to see if there is a macro in the sheet module that is causing this? (In Excel right click on the sheet tab, select 'view code'. Is there a macro named Worksheet_Activate)

Upvote 0
It's within Google Sheets.

It is happening on only one particular sheet and I still can't figure out why.

Upvote 0
Try checking "Conditional Formatting". There maybe some cells using a colour format if empty or containing text. Highlight the whole sheet first.

Upvote 0
Would anyone happen to know why every time I go to one specific sheet in the Google Sheets/Excel workbook I'm working on, that particular sheet has all of its cells highlighted?

I'm guessing it's something simple I'm missing.

Every time I go to that one sheet, even if I click a cell to remove the highlighting, when I go back to that sheet, the entire sheet of cells is highlighted again.

I had the same issue recently, but the problem was my habits and personal awareness vice software in question...

Google Sheets is browser browser-based, and you can live-edit a page you have rights to modify from multiple browsers / computers, etc. Part of it's charm, truly. However, design-wise this means you need to know when a cell you can see is potentially under edit from another browser instance. Google does this without much fan fare by changing the background color of the cell in other instances. There really is no way I'm aware of to find out 'where precisely' that edit is occurring, but if you reboot all the potential systems, that will likely tackle the stray edit underway and resolve the miscolored cell.

When I did it I could only be mad at myself for tending to have so many **** tabs open. I like to keep my data sheets active as I flip around and so dozens of things at once.

Like I said up top, my problem...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back