Google Sheets: Formula/Script help request - a combined text output based on variable results (if) in a single row

crayhead

Hey Forum Friends, transitioned to Google Sheets for work so it's been a while. I created this sheet to help me adjust real estate comps to a subject property using specific values. Each comp will have a row full of potential adjustments, captured cell by cell, separately (no adjustments are currently combined into a single cell). Of course, since the properties are all different, one property may have an adjustment for a fence, another for both a covered porch and a storage building, etc. (See 1st screen shot for examples.) I already have the final tallied adjustment impact in cell AC but what I need to go along with it is a text string that explains the cell results and references the column header in row 4 (i.e. row 11 would read "-3000 Stor. Building, -1000 Fence, 2000 Fireplace, 2500 HVAC").

I could figure out how to concatenate every single cell result - even the zero ones - column, and header but that's much less useful What I want is a formula, or possibly a script although I'm much less experienced there, that captures only the non-zero adjustments. I have no idea where to even start on that with a formula or a script (Again, script creation not my forte).

Anyone who can point me in the right direction will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.11.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.11.17 PM.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.16.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.16.02 PM.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back