Google sheets (sumifs function help needed)

Berandon

It has been a long time since i posted, normally google is my friend for finding answers before coming to the pros. but i can't seem to find what i am looking for or i am not typing the correct phrase to pull what i need to search. I don't know a ton about spreadsheet, just basic formulas and functions. so bare with me.

Problem:

I have a google sheet for work that gives me some data. I am trying to minimize the manual changes and inputs and get the data i need. I know QBO can run reports. but i am using the data on other pages for things, so i have a page for QBO imports that brings in the monthly reports from QBO going back to 2018. I have a 90 day report and a rolling 12 month report for tracking numbers and trends/averages etc. I want to add a YTD option. but for some reason, i can't get the function to return what i am looking for. My idea is that QBO give month and year in the column and i want to add up a line below that corresponds. So i used
=sumifs('QBO import'!D17:17,'QBO import'!$D$5:$5,">="&date(2022,1,1),'QBO import'!$D$5:$5,"<="&date(2022,12,31))
to get it to pull the right dates, but when i try to change it to "year(today())" so that the YTD report is the current year. It either says $0.00 or "error" formula parse error. This is one of my many attempts at writing it out
=sumifs('QBO import'!D17:17,(year('QBO import'!$D$5:$5)),=(year(date(today()))),'QBO import'!$D$5:$5,=(year(date(today()))))
=sumifs('QBO import'!D17:17,'QBO import'!$D$5:$5,">="year(today()),'QBO import'!$D$5:$5,"<="year(today()))

I also tried some "Sumif()" and just "IF()"

I am at a loss, if anyone understands what i am trying to do and can help me see my error. I would be forever grateful. But at the end of the day, if i have to stick with manual dates i change every year, so be it.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
try this:
Excel Formula:
=sumifs('QBO import'!D17:17,'QBO import'!$D$5:$5,">="&date(year(today()),1,1),'QBO import'!$D$5:$5,"<="&today())

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back