Graph Advice

AnAppleADay

Fairly experienced user of Excel but not really used anything more than a basic column/line graph for using two columns of data. I now have three columns of data and i feel like, with experience, it may be possible to work out a way to show the data in a useful manner - Though i haven't got a lot of experience with graphs so I'm after some advice or recommendation on graph graph and how i would go about implementing it.

My data is fruit sales across Southern American regions over the same time period (April to October) in 2018, later i would like to add in data for 2019. The only way i can think to do this is by narrowing it down to one month at a time (or one variety), but that's going to give me A LOT of graphs - Ideally i would like just one per month or by product - A snapshot of last year, fruit sales by country for the time period. I have attached an example below showing one of the months. The data i have for the other months is similar.

The issue i seem to be having is having multiples of the same product i the same month. Would a secondary axis work for this data?

MonthProductStateTotal
AprApplesCalifornia14200
AprApplesFlorida1506
AprApplesTexas42988
AprBananaFlorida1703
AprBananaTexas4077
AprBananaHawaii9033
AprBananaArizona3488
AprBananaAlabama3488

<colgroup><col width="239" style="width: 179pt;"><col width="152" style="width: 114pt;"><col width="183" style="width: 137pt;"><col width="97" style="width: 73pt;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Ad

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
The answer would seem to depend upon what you want the graphs to show. One technique I've used in the past is to have a graph show all data and then simply hide data rows or columns that I want to hide. That way, a single graph can be made to show comparative data for whatever combination you want to see. Maybe that would help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back