Graph data points and output

Joe Schmoe

Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to thank the contributors on this forum for their immense help to me in the past.

As to the question. I am using Office Pro 2013. I want to make a graph (inside Word preferably) that looks like this:

2013_10_21_23_46_05.jpg

Now unfortunately, I am able to do only one of two things:

1)- In Word 2013 I am able to get the scatter graph up and have a single line that follows the graph nicely. However I am unable to make intercept lines (going horizontal and vertical to the points). I am unable to make each of the data points on the graph projection incrementally increase their label instead of just showing "x,y" coordinates. I am unable to make the data points (which I wish to label "A", "B", etc, incrementally) show up beneath the graph image as shown in the picture above in the box below the graph.

2) - When I try it to excel, it comes out as two separate lines (one for "guns", one for "butter) and I can't figure out how to make them go together, forget about anything else I want to do. :confused:

I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough, but after hours of Googling (none of which helped for Office 2013) and Macros, I'm at my wits end. :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back