Graph Display Problem

ante_river

I have a page with 2 graphs, one below the other. When I look at them in the regular or page break view, everything looks normal. The graphs look good and the break is at line 48.

But...when I 'print preview' the sheet, the bottom graph scrunches up, as if the sheet is leaving space for a footer...looking more like the break is really at line 38.

Help Please!!

:cry:

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Make sure and set the print area to cover both graphs and play around with the page setup properties a bit.

Eventually you should be able to make it print like you need. The print preview (sometimes with zoom) is what I use most to make sure it comes out like I need.

Upvote 0
ante_river

Does it print correctly?

Sometimes Print Preview can be a bit funny with certain things.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies so far.

No, it doesn't print correctly, it comes out looking 'scrunched', even when I try to PDF it as well.

Playing with the settings doesn't seem to change it....there's obviously plenty of room on the page. It's like there's a hidden page break or section break, or something like that. Instead of the two graphs being evenly spaced (i.e. approx half page each) the second one is only 1/4 of the page height, not half. I've had this happen before and I can't seem to get it to work... :x

Upvote 0
Hmmmmm......

I just closed excel and went back into the file and now it seems to be
working properly....I'm not sure if I should be happy or not ;)

Thanks for your comments!

Upvote 0
Monday, Monday, Monday....

The problem is back, same thing. Tried running it on a different computer, too.

Anyone seen this problem before?
Thanks for the help!!

Upvote 0
I feel like I'm talking to myself, but here goes... ;)

The only fix that has worked to date was to delete the sheet that the graphs were on and start over with a fresh sheet. I tried every possible combination of page set-up and preview methods to no avail.

I even went so far as making the second graph see through and running a scale of numbers to the bottom of the page. From the top of the graph, to the bottom of my graph and page break there was 18 lines. When I previewed the page, the numbers 1 to 16 appeared (I can understand the last two not being there due to footnote and lower margin spacing...but the graph, instead of at least ending at line 16, scrunched up to line 10.

I hope know one else runs into this. It is a royal pain in the a$$.
I'm running excel 2000...bye.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back