Graph Question?

rchansen2001

I have a graph that tracks specific tasks in a project against a baseline. I manually draw a vertical line representing a project milestone. When I run a macro to update the data which is attached to the graph I must manually adjust the milestone line to line up with the milestone date again. Is there a way to tie a milestone line to a date in the x-axis so it will automatically adjust if the graph changes?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi,

I would recommend using the Error Bars for an XY Scatter chart. I've found a post online, which should guide though the process - How to add a vertical line to the chart

Mark80,

Thanks for the reply, The site you recommended was blocked at my work but it helped me search for the correct information and I used the following guide
3 Ways to Create Vertical Lines in an Excel Line Chart I used the XY scatter method which you noted. Using formulas in the data cells enables the line to automatically update as I needed.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back