graphing autoscale

birdman

Board Regular
i have created a macro that produces one main graph. after producing the main graph, the macro produces about 15 graphs that zoom on particular areas of the main graph. the idea is to change the scale of the x-axis (which is time) between certain times to focus on this area. at this point i need the y-axis to be able to scale automatically based on the portion of the graph that is showing. if MinimumScaleIsAuto and MaximumScaleIsAuto is set to True for the y-axis, the y-axis is rescaled in the zoomed portion of the graph based on the entire graph. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks for any help in advance

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Clearly, XL's default algorithm for setting the min. and max. values doesn't work for you. The only choice as I see it is to write your own. Since you know the range of values in each chart, it cannot be that difficult to compute the min./max. values of each data set and accordingly adjust the y-min and y-max values.

Upvote 0
i thought it could be easier, but i have resorted to your method. i am going to use the match function in excel to determine the range of the initial and final times. then i will find the max and min of the y values within that range. thanks for the response

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back