Graphing two data sets which start at different points on th

Mel C Roberts

Hi,
Can anyone help?
I am sure i am having a blonde day here!

I have two data sets to put into a basic graph.
One is a monthly figure which runs from September to August (pulled from the spreadsheet) Sep - Aug will form the labels for the x axis.
The yearly informaiton is only available from April to August, so i need it to sit on the same axis but to start in April not September.

For some reason i am having real problems.
Can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
"For some reason i am having real problems"

What are they?? Post back with more detail about the results you're currently getting.

Upvote 0
Sorry.
"They" are two sets of data, depicting a monthly average.
For example the data may be 10, 12, 11, 8, 4, 7, 9, 13, 20, 11, 8, 19. Where 10 is the figure for September (Monthly) through to 19 being the figure for August.
I then have year to date summary information to show on the same graph but only starting in March. ie 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 9
Which i need to show on the same axis but relative to the month to which the data relates ie starting in March not September.

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-02 02:16, Mel C Roberts wrote:
Sorry.
"They" are two sets of data, depicting a monthly average.
For example the data may be 10, 12, 11, 8, 4, 7, 9, 13, 20, 11, 8, 19. Where 10 is the figure for September (Monthly) through to 19 being the figure for August.
I then have year to date summary information to show on the same graph but only starting in March. ie 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 9
Which i need to show on the same axis but relative to the month to which the data relates ie starting in March not September.

Mel,

This should be fairly straightforward!

If you had three columns: month, average, YTD, with the data elements associated with the right month it should all turn out OK. If you're having problems, I guess your data isn't set up this way! How is it set up - where is your data on the spreadsheet etc. may be download the html maker addin from the link below this post & post back with a snapshot of your spreadsheet.

Paddy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back