Graphs not updating - Excel bug?

DukeJCDC

So I have a sheet with multiple pie chart graphs on it with a vba code that pulls out of an SQL database.
What I am running into and I feel like an actual bug in Microsoft excel. My VBA code changes the color of the pie charts based on a few different variables and the code is set to cycle every 5 minutes and update the graphs. When the file first open, it automatically starts and runs just fine, changing colors when it should. After some time it stops updating the graphs on the sheet. Sometimes it's all the graphs, sometimes it's just certain ones initially.

When I select the chart and go to format, the "previews" show the correct color so I know the code is working somewhere, it is just not making it to the spreadsheet. The only way I'm able to get it back to normal is to manually force a color change or to close then re-open the workbook. The data on the graph itself is always correct, it is just the color that eventually stops updating.

I have tried adding DoEvents, Calculate and refresh into my code to force the graph on the sheet to update and none of it has worked. The fact everything works fine when I first open the file then over time it stops tells me this may be a bug in excel.

Any ideas or thoughts to work around or get the bug fixed? This is a project I have on a timeline and I can't get around requiring color changing graphs. Any help is appreciated!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back