graphs

crtas1

Board Regular
I have a graph that I have added a series to. This same graph is on 7 spreadsheets. I would like to copy the graph that I added the series to onto the other spreadsheets. I need the other spreadsheets to still have their same data sources but to add this one series. So far when I copy it turns into an exact copy or adds one spreadsheets info into the other creating about 8 series.
Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Try this:

1. Click on the series you wish to copy.
2. Select all the text in the Formula Bar (the SERIES formula) and press Ctrl+Insert.
3. Click on the edge of your target chart, point at the Formula bar and press Shift+Insert then Enter.
4. After the new series has been added you can edit the Sheet reference in the Formula Bar if necessary.

Upvote 0
That added a series but didn't keep the colors and it was pulling from the original tab still. I have 6 graphs per tab. 12 tabs per worksheet and 8 worksheets. What I would like to do is change all graphs on one worksheet and copy the changes to the other 7 worksheets tab by tab. I need it to copy the same formating and also pull from the exact same location just on the new workbook.

Upvote 0
There is no quick way because, as you have seen, the SERIES formula always contains absolute references. You will have to do them one by one and change the sheet references (and the colours) after the copy.

Better get on with it!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back