Greater Than and Less Than not working correctly in filter l

efish

My greater than or less than logical tests do not seem to be working in my formulas or filtered lists. Does anyone know how to correct?
When I filter a column that has 5 - 100 as entries for anything >25 or <99 it doesn't produce the correct results. Also my formulas don't seem to return the correct values either.
Let me know if anyone has a solution.
Thank you

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Well, you haven't given any specific examples or screen-shots, so my first guess is that you numbers are actually text entries. Have you done any checking in this direction?

Upvote 0
You could multiply your "textnumbers" by 1 ( inser number 1 in a cell, then copy - paste special - multiply ) to make them true numbers again.

Pekka
:eek: :eek:

Upvote 0
efish

Another problem could be your logic.
When I filter a column that has 5 - 100 as entries for anything >25 or <99 it doesn't produce the correct results
What is the correct result? If you have done what this says, then nothing will be filtered off because every number is greater than 25 OR less than 99. Perhaps you meant to filter for numbers that are greater than 25 AND less than 99. This will filter off numbers less than or equal to 25 and numbers from 99 to 100.

Or does your quote above imply two different filter attempts? If so, then the other posters are quite likely on the right track.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back