Greetings everyone! I am having a bit of trouble with adding a graph to my workbook.

KEMPFAT

My workbook consists of 12 worksheets. Each worksheet is named for each month of the year. I'd like to add a 13th worksheet that will be the home for the graph(s). Each worksheet is a calendar and looks like a calendar. Let's use March as an example but every worksheet has the same three options. There are 31 days in March. Each one of those days has a drop-down with three options. Let's call them Option 1, Option 2, and Option 3. Let's say that 6 days out of the 31 days were selected as option 1, 10 days out of the 31 were selected as option 2 and 15 days out of the 31 are selected as option 3. What I would like is for my graph located in the 13th worksheet to have 3 bars for each month or one bar showing the 3 options. Each bar will show how many times each option was chosen in that particular month. I'd also like to have a separate graph that totals each option for the year. I appreciate any assistance with this! I have searched and read all kinds of forums and watched Youtube videos but I can't find anything pertaining to what I need.

i don't find it for the moment, to count only the even rows, so i hope here are no texts with sever, moderate or headache in the uneven rows.
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A14A2=TEXT((ROW()-1)*28,"mmmm")
B2:D14B2=IFERROR(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&$A2&"'!$B$8:$H$18"),"*" & B$1& "*"),"-")
the names of the months should be in your local language, not in dutch because of the formula used.
i don't find it for the moment, to count only the even rows, so i hope here are no texts with sever, moderate or headache in the uneven rows.
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A14A2=TEXT((ROW()-1)*28,"mmmm")
B2:D14B2=IFERROR(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&$A2&"'!$B$8:$H$18"),"*" & B$1& "*"),"-")
the names of the months should be in your local language, not in dutch because of the formula used.
Awesome!! Thank you very much! I was able to plug in my data and create the table that you had shared. I then selected the entire table and selected the cart option and it automatically created the chart for me! Just had to edit the colors! Thank you so very much!!!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
you're welcome
Hello! Sorry to hit you up again. I am trying to add a graph to each worksheet. The graph will display the same three data points but for each individual month. For instance, The January Worksheet would have its own graph, Feb would have its own graph, so on and so on. I have tried to manipulate the formula that you shared with me but I am unable to figure it out. Could you please help me one last time? Thank you!

Upvote 0
the same formula, but only with the cell addresses because the data is in the same sheet
Roykana.xlsb
KLMN
7stateseveremoderateheadache
8number121
Maart
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
L8:N8L8=COUNTIF($B$8:$H$18,"*" & L$7& "*")

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2022-01-18 235214.png
    Schermafbeelding 2022-01-18 235214.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
the same formula, but only with the cell addresses because the data is in the same sheet
Roykana.xlsb
KLMN
7stateseveremoderateheadache
8number121
Maart
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
L8:N8L8=COUNTIF($B$8:$H$18,"*" & L$7& "*")
Thanks. When I used the formula that you provided, all three data points populated when only one was selected. Example: I selected headache and all three showed 1.

Upvote 0
the output of the formulas wasn't right or the chart was oké ?
how/why do you select headache in previous post ?

Upvote 0
the output of the formulas wasn't right or the chart was oké ?
how/why do you select headache in previous post ?
I think the output of the formula is incorrect. I could select any one of the three options and all three data points will populate. So if I selected headache, the headache, moderate and severe will all populate with 1. If I select Moderate, the Headache, Moderate, and Severe will populate. The same goes for the severe.

Upvote 0
@all,
this link contains an example that isn't different then my point in #14

@KEMPFAT,
the formulas are okay, what is our difference in point of view ?

example file

Upvote 0
@all,
this link contains an example that isn't different then my point in #14

@KEMPFAT,
the formulas are okay, what is our difference in point of view ?
Not sure what it was. Thank you very much for all your help! I must have been doing something incorrectly. It does work now. You are awesome!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back