Grotesque Array help (with nested IFS & ANDS) :)

MusterDuster

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello All,

Hope you're healthy, safe and well.

Long time lurker of the forum...has taught me alot, so thank you.; Allow me to welcome you to my first post.

Below I have a formula I wrote that is being problematic...only caveat is that it needs to stay as an array formula.

The main issue is that my formula isn't validating (and populating) any notation in the appropriate cells when 'positive' criteria has been met...(I.E. "Website Working" for example). It's only populating 'negative' criteria (I.E. "Invalid CID/Account Setup Incomplete" for example), when it should be populating both. Because of this, it makes me thing it's the logic of the formula and I'm stumped!

The second issue is that the formula not exhibiting the behavior an array should. The formula is being required to be drug (dragged) down, which shouldn't be necessary with an array.

Please let me know if there's anything I can add to the post...the data is sensitive, so if that's needed, I'll need to change things within the sheet itself.

I've spaced out the formula for readability.

-----------

=ArrayFormula(IF(P2<>"",IF(AD2<>"Yes",IF(AND(X2="Verified",Z2="Yes",AA2="Yes"), IF(W2="Yes","VALID LICENSE: "&Y2 &" "&"VALID REGISTRATION: "&Y2&" "&"VALID CID / ACCOUNT SETUP: "&Z2&" "&"WEBSITE WORKING: "&AA2,

IF(W2="Not Required","LICENSE: NOT REQUIRED" &" "&"VALID REGISTRATION: "&Y2&" "&"VALID CID / ACCOUNT SETUP: "&Z2&" "&"WEBSITE WORKING: "&AA2,

IF(W2="Missing","LICENSE ISSUE, ", IF(W2="No","LICENSE ISSUE, ","")))),IF(X2="Not Verified","SoS REGISTRATION ISSUE, ", IF(Z2="No","INVALID CID / ACCOUNT SETUP INCOMPLETE, ",IF(AA2:AA="No","WEBSITE NOT WORKING","")))),""),""))

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back