Grouping multiple worksheets in Excel 2016 - won't let me do more than 8-10 at a time

brose99

What's up experts! I just downloaded Microsoft Excel 2016 on my MacBook Pro and I am having trouble figuring out simple worksheet grouping tricks that I used to use on my Excel 2011.

I track data on college football and I have tabs on every team. 127+ tabs in total. In Excel 2011 when I wanted to group 100 of those tabs together (not all in succession) I could scroll to the far tab on the right, press command and highlight the far right tab, and hold the control key down and scroll back thru my tabs going from right to left because the tip of the previous tab to the left was always to peeking out just enough to click on just before the arrows. That way, I could easily breeze thru and highlight the 100+ tabs in 30 seconds, make one change to the first tab, and those changes would end up copying over to the other 99 highlighted tabs.

Here's my problem.

After upgrading to excel 2016, when I go to group the multiple worksheet tabs, it's not letting me scroll back left like I used to and highlight multiple tabs anymore because the next tab is not "peeking out" like it previously was in Excel 2011. So now, I have to do copy and paste 8 tabs at a time and then manually scroll back left and do 8 more. This adds much more time and opportunity for mistakes and I hope it's a simple fix to something in doing wrong.

Does anybody know how I can scroll thru and group multiple excel sheets (like 100+) that aren't in succession without having got do 8 at a time?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back