gui - advanced lookup

canadiancowboy

****** http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">****** name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">****** name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">****** name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CRICK%7E1.GIL%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS Mincho"; panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4; mso-font-alt:"Arial Unicode MS"; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Century Gothic"; panose-1:2 11 5 2 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@MS Mincho"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS Mincho";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1088118716; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:-1346858632 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<o:p> </o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have 4 different Parent part marks (of various unique Part Numbers) which are made up of children parts (of different children part numbers). <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parent Part # examples: <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark I: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark II: 2-1, 2-2, 2-3<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark III: 3-1, 3-2, 3-3<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So 1-1 would be a Parent Part, as well 3-3, 2-4 and so on…(9 unique Parents Part # shown above)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Children part # examples: ) <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6....)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6.......)<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6..) <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Based on the unique parent part number – which will never be the same – there are available upgrades. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Upgrade ID’s: <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A applicable to parent parts: 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B applicable to parent parts: 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 3-2<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C applicable to parent parts: 1-1, 1-2, 2-1<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]D applicable to parent parts: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Each upgrade is made up of a list of parts which get added and/or replaced in a particular parent part.) <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WHAT I NEED MY SPREADSHEET TO DO: <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
<!--[if !supportLists]-->[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT]<!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]I would like to create a GUI in excel where a user enters a parent part # and all applicable part upgrade ID’s are shown based on the Parent Part # (whether upgrade A, B, C and/or D). <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
<!--[if !supportLists]-->[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]<!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Once all applicable upgrades are shown I would like the user to simply click a checkbox selecting which upgrades they would like (whether upgrade A, B, C and/or D). <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The ultimate goal here is that once the user clicks certain upgrades the list of parts corresponding to that upgrade is retrieved and a cost calculated and returned. I am familiar with VBA and know that I have to use a Function to return a value. Should I keep all my tables in the same workbook? And what kind of table structure do you recommend?<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Upgrade table include Upgrade ID, Part Number, and Cost. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Again, your help/guidance is greatly appreciated. <o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back