Guidance on the best approach - .pdf to Excel to .pdf

earwig999

Hi, I'm look for some guidance on a procedure I am developing and want to include some elements of document control and automation where possible.

The steps are -

• User completes an editable .pdf form
  • The completed form(s) can then be imported into an existing spreadsheet and added as additional rows
  • Within the spreadsheet there is an option to create another different .pdf form using parts of the data within that row
Currently, I have the initial form and can 'merge/import' (.csv) using Adobe Acrobat DC (but appears to create a new workbook each time) -
How can I add to a pre-existing?
Is there a (free) way to achieve this without the need for Acrobat DC as other users won't have this?

Once added what is the best method to select a specific row of data to complete the further (editable template) .pdf?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
So, I've managed to sort of get parts of this to work -

I have a .pdf Design Brief form which can be completed -
I have the Tracker Excel spreadsheet which will eventually hold the data from the Design Brief form
I have the Authority to Proceed from which is automatically generated from the Tracker

I can do the back end and populate the Authority to Proceed form by selecting the row of data.
But what I'm stuck with is trying to extract the data from the Design Brief form and add that to the Tracker. (Can extract it using Adobe Acrobat DC, but not all users will have this)

Attachments

• Tracker.jpg
    Tracker.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back