H E L P acronym wanted

Felix Atagong

The last 2 weeks our IT department (well, that's me in fact) has had these intelligent problems from the people at work...

CLASSIC HARDWARE PROBLEMS
the printer is broken ---> no toner (a common problem)

SOFTWARE PROBLEMS

Word
how can I make a header?
how does it come that my text slides to the right (and even to the bottom) when I insert some new text? (this person, who uses Word for over 15 years, wanted to make a 3 column page not by inserting columns, or a table, or by using tabs, but by counting and inserting spaces inbetween words)
I can't find my document any more (it was in fact a pdf file, not a Word one)

Excel
I have lost all my prices! (person had hidden several columns but didn't know how to unhide)
I can't see my statistics anymore (person had disabled the 'show all objects', I didn't even know there was this option, so I actually learned something there)
I can't find my document any more (same person, looking for the same pdf file but now from inside Excel)

Most problems can be resolved by looking into the help file, I try to explain before coming over, but as the word help isn't apparently a part of their active vocabulary I have to get over to their desk anyway, press the 'right' button and leave again...

So I'm looking for an acronym for the word HELP that maybe will enlighten their spirits and will make them press that silly help button instead of calling me (it's a pity they all learned how to use a telephone, although I don't understand how on earth they managed to do that)...

(the making of this post was interrupted by a colleague who wanted me to explain how to visualise a YouTube movie. Busy. Busy. Busy.)

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Code:
        Press help
        Read the documents and
        Everyone
        Should
        Stop

Having
       "Emergency"
    ExceL
        Problems

Or, just the usual RTFM ;)

Hold
Everything! -
Luddite
Panicing!

Which probably won't mean much to non-native english speakers.

Richard

Henceforth
Everyone should
Look for himself instead of
Phoning me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back