Happy face icon

Tahas

Board Regular
Hi Friends,

I’m trying to use windings for smileys but only getting happy face. Please see table below:

Skills (E12)Knowledge (F12)Attitude (G12)Behaviour (H12)Circumstance (I12)Staff Morale (J12
YYNAYNAFormula Result

<tbody>
</tbody>

In cell J12, I want to show a happy face when cells E12 though I12 either show “Y” or “NA” and if any cell show “N” then show sad face. My formula only works well for the happy face but not giving any sad face. I used following formula but only getting a happy face.

=IF(OR(E12="Y",E12="NA"),IF(OR(F12="Y",F12="NA"),IF(OR(G12="Y",G12="NA"),IF(OR(H12="Y",H12="NA"),IF(OR(I12="Y",I12="NA"),"J","L")))))

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Taha

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
A​
B​
C​
D​
E​
F​
G​
1​
Skills
Knowledge
Attitude
Behaviour
Circumstance
Staff Morale
2​
Y​
Y​
NA​
Y​
NA​
J​
F2: =IF(COUNTA(A2:E2) < 5, "", IF(SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A2:E2, {"Y","NA"})) < 5, "L", "J"))
3​
Y​
Y​
NA​
N​
NA​
L​
4​

Upvote 0
try
Code:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("n",E12:I12,0)),"L","J")

Upvote 0
Try this:
Code:
=IF(COUNTIF(E12:I12,"N")>0,"L","J")

The formula looks at the range E12:I12 and counts any cells that have "N" in them. If there are any such cells (>0), then put an "L" in the cell; otherwise, put a "J."

You have to set the font for this cell to Wingdings. The "L" is the sad face, and the J is the happy face.

Note that setting the font in a cell sets it not just for the displayed value but also for the underlying formula. So once you set the font to Wingding, if you try to edit the formula, it will just be a bunch of wingdings. To make sense of the formula, should you wish to change it, you have to change the font of the cell back to a readable font.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back