Hard To Describe What I Want But Please Look

colmsmyth

Hi everyone,

I would like users to be able to add values from a list that I have stored say in sheet 2 of my file. My document is a specification for a programming task, so the requester has to select the variables that they require...however they usually typo these or just dont do it right.

I would like if possible that when the requester clicks the blank cell that a pop up window perhaps will appear and in there there is a list of values, they can then check the required ones...This must be multiple select and the variable names they pick must all go into the cell, ideally one under each other i.e. Alt+Enter style.

Hopefully this makes sense and also i dont really know VBA, i can adapt and modify working code but to write from scratch i wouldn't so bare with me if i ask something really simple lol

Cheers

Colm

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
lol just managed to do that now....listbox with multi select and in a user form....like i said new to this so obvious things sometimes not obvious to me...lol

Thanks

Hi,
couldnt you just use a multi checkbox? or even listbox with multiselect enabled?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back