have certain columns in the row move to another worksheet based on cell value

niyamesi

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/673106-move-row-into-new-sheet-based-cell-value.html

Hello,

I’m not asking for a preference of responder; however, wanted to acknowledge this may reference VBS code that came from a previous response from Michael M. My question scenario if I’m adhering to the rule correctly is post a separate question.I have a workbook with 3 worksheets on it and I would like to have certain columns in the row move to another worksheet based on cell value.

Scenario:

SheetA – once columnA called Status changes to Leaving Country it will move columns A-O onto SheetB under the preexisting headers in the next available row. Do not want the preexisting header on SheetB to be overwritten.Want the row(s) that are left blank from the move to be deleted and not just left blank.Hopefully I’m explaining this correctly.

SheetB
– when columns A-O populate then I want to populate Columns P-AF on the same row. Once column A called Status on SheetB changes to Return/Reintegration it will move entire row to SheetC as well as copy only columns Q-S to next available row on SheetA. Want the row(s) that are left blank from the move to be deleted and not just left blank.Hopefully I’m explaining this correctly.

SheetC
– nothing more needs to done on SheetC unless the “well as copy only column Q-S to next available row on SheetA cannot be done with SheetB.

I didn't see how to attach a sample workbook; however, I do have one if it will assist. Plae let me know how to upload it. There are formulas/data validation in the following columns on the sample worksheet:

• Column A – Status
  • Column E – Region
  • Column F – Country
  • Column P – Backfill
  • Column Q – Last
  • Column AF – Do Not Delete…

Thank you so much for helping me.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back