Have to alter existing sheet but can't find cells to alter.

limpopo

Hi all,

Just to start, I'm not an Excel expert and just have basic skills.

The situation is that i have an existing Excel sheet that was created a couple of years ago by another person who is no longer available.

At a basic level, the section i want to alter has a box in which you input a code and it appears that the VLOOKUP function is then used to check a table of values and return the relevant response against the input code. The response appears in another box.

The code is input in C7

The corresponding value appears in cell D7

The code that is in D7 is as follows;

=IF(C7="","",VLOOKUP(C7,'codelookup'!A2:D385,2,FALSE))

What i need to do is alter some of the values that are returned against the various codes that are input in C7 as the values have changed.

Being an amateur it appears to me that these values are hidden somewhere . I cant scroll down to have a look at D385 as the sheet stops scrolling at row 200.

Does anyone have any clues please ??

Thank yo

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
The values are in a sheet called "codelookup" starting in A2

Upvote 0
The values are in a sheet called "codelookup" starting in A2
Thanks,, there are lots of sheets in the workbook but no tabs with that name. I'm guessing that somehow the tab is hidden. Cant work out how to reveal..?

Upvote 0
OK 2 options
1) Right click on any tab > select Unhide (if not greyed out). If the sheet you want is there select it & click OK.
2) Alt F11 & look at the Project Window (usually top left) & the should be something like VBAProject(Filename.xlsm) where filename is the name of your file. If there is a + sign to the left of the project click it.
There should then be a folder called Microsoft Excel Objects, once again if there is a + click it & you should see all the sheets in the workbook.
Find the one saying something like Sheet2(codelookup), select it & then in the properties window below, the last line will say Visible in the box to the right of that select xlsheetvisible

Upvote 0
Thanks

Option 1 is not possible as greyed out

Over to option 2

I can see the codelookup sheet labelled Sheet 37 (code look up)

I selected it/highlight it but im not seeing a properties box below. Im seeing a box to the right (new pane) with drop down menus General Declarations

???

Upvote 0
The properties window should be directly below the Project explorer window.
If not select the sheet and hit F4

Upvote 0
OK,back again !

So in properties i tried to select visible and an error popup box appeared saying "unable to set the visible property of the worksheet class "

Upvote 0
OK,back again !

So in properties i tried to select visible and an error popup box appeared saying "unable to set the visible property of the worksheet class "

Is your Workbook structure protected?

Upvote 0
Hi,,yes it is protected. I used the unprotect all VBA dialog to unprotect all then tried to set sheet 37 to unhide again but still showing same error message..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back