Having issue with XL2BB

AhoyNC

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
The new XL2BB is not copying my data into the forum. Anyone else having this issue or a solution.

This is what gets pasted.
￿￿

This is a screen shot of the data. XL2BB shows that it copied the data.

1574039125709.png

If you have a Windows/File Explorer window open close it and try again

Last edited:
Peter_SSs,
Thank you. I rebooted and it seems to be working now.

Book1
FGHI
1DataFormula
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I2I2=G2*H2

Peter_SSs,
Thank you. I rebooted and it seems to be working now.
That would work, but not needed I believe as one of the by-products of rebooting will be the closure of your File Explorer window(s).

It turns out I had both Microsoft Edge and FireFox open. I first tried closing both of them plus Excel (365 on Windows 10) and all other programs, but still had the issue when I opened Excel back up. That's why I did a re-boot. Maybe something was in memory that didn't clear until the re-boot. Thanks to you and Mark858 for your help.

It turns out I had both Microsoft Edge and FireFox open. I first tried closing both of them plus Excel (365 on Windows 10) and all other programs, but still had the issue when I opened Excel back up. That's why I did a re-boot. Maybe something was in memory that didn't clear until the re-boot. Thanks to you and Mark858 for your help.
OK, thanks for the additional information. The issue seems to be something local (I have it too) as not all users can reproduce the problem by following identical steps. However, as yet we have not been able to nail down exactly what is causing it.

You are the first I have encountered that closing Windows File Explorer did not immediately solve the problem.

I have just followed the advice here and from Fluff. Closing explorer windows solved the issue immediately, but it came back if I reopened an explorer window and then used XL2BB again. Restarting just excel at that point didn't resolve the issue. Rebooting the machine, though, seems to have resolved it - after reboot I opened a few explorer windows first, and then opened excel and used the tool successfully. So, I think a system reboot will be the solution.

Hope this helps.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back