Having one master sheet and copy curtain rows to new sheet depending on if a column is filled

Shadow84

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I’m working on a master sheet of all employees in our a company. Some of the Columns are Name, hire date, safety ticket1, safety ticket2, safety ticket 3, Driver license expiry, add to drivers list, competency ticket, etc.
I have a table with headers that goes to BE and to 144 in rows.
I also have the safety tickets and driver license with conditional formatting so I know when they are good, almost expired and expired with changing color. And the table is conditioned if anything is left blank it’s red and filled in is green.

The rows change all the time so I’m added new ppl and taking old names off all the time.
Im looking to make things more automatic when it comes to copying or deleting rows to new sheets and don’t want to use buttons or drop down menus

Right now I’m just using the = in the formula bar in my new sheet then going to the master and clicking the columns I need and copying that way (is there a better way for doing this) but need help with :

1. copying certain rows and only certain columns depends on the input of a column.
Ex. In new sheet I want the employees name, hire date, some of the safety tickets, and add to driver list. If the driver list is filled in with a date.
I want only the employees added to the drivers list in the new sheet.

2. In a new sheet I’m keeping track of all expired tickets or missing information for each employee.
EX: columns are name of employee,expired/missing info, hire date and a couple more columns. How do I get one cell to show up in red if that person is missing information/expired tickets from the master list. And green if they have everything

3. I want to also sort the master sheet by everyone’s last name. How do I keep all the information attached to the persons name and stop the other columns sorting too.

Sorry for the long message. Iv been looking for the answers and just can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.

Thanks for the help :)

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back