Having Problems Working with If/Vlookup Statements

starsandsuch

Hello, I am working in 2013 Excel and I have a workbook (2 sheets) trying to update our badge system; this is my first post so I will try to explain my issue the best I can.

I have my unique ID on both sheets. I am wanting my data to indicate whether an individual is 'Certified' as a Fork Truck Operator or a Press Operator. The certification status is on the 'Learning Plan Data' sheet (Columns are UserName, Last-First Name, Plan Name (telling 'Fork Truck Certification_01' or 'Press Operator Certification', and Plan Completion Status (telling 'Certified' or 'Pending' and I am wanting to lookup if a username has the 'Press Operator Certification' and it is 'Certified' then in the 'Member Data' sheet, it will list 'Certified in the 'Press Operator' column. Not every member listed on the 'Member Data' sheet possesses these certification. If the member has been assigned a certification learning plan but has not yet met the requirements, they will show 'Pending' in the Plan Completion Status column in the 'LearningPlanData' worksheet; if they have completed the requirements then they will show as 'certified'.

Right now, I was able to work on the 'MemberData' sheet and pull over if the user has the 'Fork Truck Certification_01' listed in one column:
=IF(VLOOKUP(A2,LearningPlanData!$A$2:$D$15,3,1)=$M$1,$M$1,0)

'Press Operator Certification' listed in another column:
=IF(VLOOKUP(A3,LearningPlanData!$A$2:$D$15,3,0)=$N$1,$N$1,0)

And I had to create a third column (what I want to get rid of) saying if the certification is 'Pending' or 'Certified':
=VLOOKUP(A3,LPTable,4,FALSE)

I am needing a way to basically combine the information from the 'Fork Truck Certification_01' column and if it matches 'Certified' then have it enter the value 'Certified'. Is there a way to only return the value found in address M1 and N1 respectively when a status of 'Certified' is shown for the individual on the 'LearningPlanData' sheet? I do not need it to come back as 'Pending' because the badge system will mark the individual as certified. A value or '1' or 'True' would be alright for the unique value stating the user has the certification. I tossed around the idea of using MATCH but I cannot get it to manipulate that data, I am open to any suggestions.

Any help is appreciated; I have exhausted all of my ways of thinking. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
If I follow how your data is set up this should work.
=IF(AND(VLOOKUP(A2,'Learning Plan Data'!$A$2:$D$15,3,FALSE)="Fork Truck Certification_01",VLOOKUP(A2,'Learning Plan Data'!$A$2:$D$15,4,FALSE)="Certified"),"Certified","")

Upvote 0
This almost worked. It will pull data for each certification however if the individual has both, the second certification will not appear. Thanks for taking a look at this yesterday!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back