Having trouble doing a simple Replace

Alfie101

Hi,
I had hoped to attach the small troublesome excel file (size: A1:F374) but just discovered I do not have permission. Not sure how to demo what the problem is without attaching the file - can I be given permission please?
The file has numerous zeros (0). I want to use Replace to replace all zeros with a one (1). However I get the message that this is a protected sheet and I should unprotect it. I don’t believe that is correct – I cannot seem to find that it is in fact protected. So, the net result is that I cannot do the replacing of zeros with ones. I would much appreciate your help please.
Thank you,
Alfie101.

mole999

Hi,
I had hoped to attach the small troublesome excel file (size: A1:F374) but just discovered I do not have permission. Not sure how to demo what the problem is without attaching the file - can I be given permission please?
The file has numerous zeros (0). I want to use Replace to replace all zeros with a one (1). However I get the message that this is a protected sheet and I should unprotect it. I don’t believe that is correct – I cannot seem to find that it is in fact protected. So, the net result is that I cannot do the replacing of zeros with ones. I would much appreciate your help please.
Thank you,
Alfie101.
This forum does not support files being attached to it > https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html item B. Should you wish to share a workbook, please use a recognised free hosting site that does not require user registration

Alfie101

Hi,

I have put a copy of the problem file in the filebin free file sharing site at this address: https://filebin.net/6ohsxq2bb325qiaj

Would much appreciate detecting why this will not let me Replace zeros with ones (or other such manipulations)?

Thank you,

Alfie101

This forum does not support files being attached to it > https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html item B. Should you wish to share a workbook, please use a recognised free hosting site that does not require user registration

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Ctrl H works for me replacing all 0 with 1

Alfie101

Ctrl H works for me replacing all 0 with 1
Hi and thanks,

Seems excel was stuck for some reason. Now unstuck and Ctrl H and Relace working just fine. A mystery.

Sorry to trouble you. Thanks very much.

Alfie101

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimUSMC

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...