Having trouble doing a simple Replace

Alfie101

Hi,
I had hoped to attach the small troublesome excel file (size: A1:F374) but just discovered I do not have permission. Not sure how to demo what the problem is without attaching the file - can I be given permission please?
The file has numerous zeros (0). I want to use Replace to replace all zeros with a one (1). However I get the message that this is a protected sheet and I should unprotect it. I don’t believe that is correct – I cannot seem to find that it is in fact protected. So, the net result is that I cannot do the replacing of zeros with ones. I would much appreciate your help please.
Thank you,
Alfie101.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi,
I had hoped to attach the small troublesome excel file (size: A1:F374) but just discovered I do not have permission. Not sure how to demo what the problem is without attaching the file - can I be given permission please?
The file has numerous zeros (0). I want to use Replace to replace all zeros with a one (1). However I get the message that this is a protected sheet and I should unprotect it. I don’t believe that is correct – I cannot seem to find that it is in fact protected. So, the net result is that I cannot do the replacing of zeros with ones. I would much appreciate your help please.
Thank you,
Alfie101.
This forum does not support files being attached to it > https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html item B. Should you wish to share a workbook, please use a recognised free hosting site that does not require user registration

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have put a copy of the problem file in the filebin free file sharing site at this address: https://filebin.net/6ohsxq2bb325qiaj

Would much appreciate detecting why this will not let me Replace zeros with ones (or other such manipulations)?

Thank you,

Alfie101

This forum does not support files being attached to it > https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html item B. Should you wish to share a workbook, please use a recognised free hosting site that does not require user registration

Upvote 0
Ctrl H works for me replacing all 0 with 1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back