[#Headers] question ?

PSmith999

I am trying to modify an existing spreadsheet that was created by an Excel power user. After I added more rows to the data table, there is one reference look up that is return an error.

Specifically the line is

=INDEX(CountryProduct,[@[Master ID]],MATCH(N$4,CountryProduct[#Headers],0))

I know what the CountryProduct and Master ID references are but I am struggling to reference the [#Headers] term. I can't tell if it's a predefine range within the document or a excel function to read across a "header' range on a table.

Any thoughts on how I can identify this?

Thanks,

Paul

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
#Headers is a pre-defined range (so to speak) for the headers of the table. It's a quick way of automatically referencing the header row of the table.

Upvote 0
I don't see anything wrong with the formula you're using, but it's possible the row reference being returned is outside the table. For example if the returned row is 500 but you only have 499 rows in the table BODY - you'll get an error.

Upvote 0
Thank you -

I can run this formula on another machine and it works fine. There must be something in the set up, as you suggested.

Paul

Upvote 0
Have you traced the formula to figure out which part has an error? What is the error?
Honestly, there are so many possibilities of what the problem could be, but without seeing anything..
Are you sure it's calculating? Is Auto calculation on?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back