Healthcare scheduling

loopa

Hi all
I'm hoping to be able to create/utilize a dynamic scheduler which allows me to assign a member of staff to a treatment chair, for periods of time dependent upon the intervention being delivered, so that I can be always aware of what capacity I have available.

For example:
Patient 1 is allocated to Chair 1 at 08:00 on Monday, because it's free for the duration of their intervention (lets say the intervention lasts 4 hours and the patient does not leave the chair during this time). Staff 1 is required to begin the intervention at 08:00 and this "task" takes 30 minutes. Therefore, Staff 1 becomes free at 08:30 to undertake other tasks with other patients, but must return to patient 1/chair 1 at 10:00 for a further 30 minute task and again at 11:30 for another 30 minutes (as per the requirements of the intervention being delivered). It must always be the same member of staff who delivers care to patient 1 (ie. different staff members cannot deliver individual parts of the intervention) but the staff member can be delivering care to multiple patients in different chairs at any one time.

There are approximately 90 different interventions - some quite small in length and with few "tasks", others take much longer and involve a number of tasks being delivered. Every intervention can be defined in advance to set the required start/end task times within the intervention.

How can I set up a scheduler which shows me / suggests to me which member of staff to use and which chair to seat the patient in, in order to maximize the use of both the staff member's time and chair utilization? So in the above example, Staff 1 is not available at 08:00-08:30, 10:00-10:30 and 11:30-12:00 on Monday and similarly, Chair 1 isn't available between 08:00-12:00 on Monday - so if Patient 2 is coming in at 10:00, they cannot sit in Chair 1, nor can Staff 1 be allocated to this patient (since they're busy at 10:00).

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Similarly, if Patient 2 came in at 09:30 (when Staff 1 is free), but would require Staff 1 at 11:30 as per the task time rules of their intervention (at which point, they are not available, because they are with Patient 1/Chair 1), then Staff 1 is not available to be assigned to Patient 2 when Patient 2 is being booked in/assigned a Chair.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back