Help a new newbe Please!!!

Sand_in_my_Boots

I need some help figuring out what formula, would best suite my needs and how to make it meet several criteria’s: Age group, Repetitions, Gender for example if a 21 year old male soldier does 42 sit ups then his raw score for push up would be 60 percent, and a female same age, would score 100 percent.
Thus when I enter the age, M/F (gender), Repetitions the excel sheet will auto configure the Raw scores for each event, then if the soldier scores less than 60 percent
In any event it will enter a Fail for that soldier, and a pass if the soldier scores greater than 60 percent.

This message was edited by Sand_in_my_Boots on 2002-10-14 03:32
This message was edited by Sand_in_my_Boots on 2002-10-14 03:33

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
On 2002-10-14 03:29, Sand_in_my_Boots wrote:
I need some help figuring out what formula, would best suite my needs and how to make it meet several criteria’s: Age group, Repetitions, Gender for example if a 21 year old male soldier does 42 sit ups then his raw score for push up would be 60 percent, and a female same age, would score 100 percent.
Thus when I enter the age, M/F (gender), Repetitions the excel sheet will auto configure the Raw scores for each event, then if the soldier scores less than 60 percent
In any event it will enter a Fail for that soldier, and a pass if the soldier scores greater than 60 percent.

This message was edited by Sand_in_my_Boots on 2002-10-14 03:32
This message was edited by Sand_in_my_Boots on 2002-10-14 03:33
Welcome to the board,

If you actually supply the relationships between these factors, how do you work out that Male 21 with 42 sit ups = 60%
and Female 21 with 42 sit ups = 100%

If you post up the drivers for how you score soldiers then several people on this board will be able to put these into a formula.

Upvote 0
If you actually supply the relationships between these factors, how do you work out that Male 21 with 42 sit ups = 60%
and Female 21 with 42 sit ups = 100%

If you post up the drivers for how you score soldiers then several people on this board will be able to put these into a formula.

The relationship between male and female soldiers for the U.S. ARMY Physical Fitness Test i.e. APFT. Here is the Relationship http://www.benning.army.mil/usapfs/Training/APFT/
Underscoring standards, click on the Following hyperlinks: Push-Ups, Sit-Ups, and 2-Mile Run. Where I am at right now.
I have copied each standard to it’s own sheet in a workbook.
I have downloaded HtmlMaker2.32; I have failed to get it to work. I keep getting an error not located on this machine.
Purchased Excel for Dummies, the famous yellow know how books, my mistake! My son found it to be a very colorful by using the pages as a coloring book. Now covered in spaghetti and meat sauce With CHEESE! The book is useless to me.

Upvote 0
Wow what a lot of data...

First, for Excel the table needs to be sorted the other way from lowest upwards.

Therefore I have entered the details of the 1st 5 rows (1-5) repetitions and have included 2 lookup tables that enables the correct column to be references.

You will just need to enter in the other columns.

:)

Since this is big I hope it fits into the MrExcel limit for posts...
Training.xls
ABCDEFGH
1Age22AgeColumn
2Male/femalefemale152
3Repitions4224
4Column5276
6Score203710
11MaleFemaleMaleFemaleMaleFemaleMale
12Repetitions17-2117-2122-2622-2627-3127-3132-36
Sheet1

This message was edited by s-o-s on 2002-10-14 06:53

Upvote 0
I see the post did not work correctly (edit: 1st time a smaller area has now been posted) but the detail you need is in there...Just click the formulas in the column and score fields to be able to put into your own spreadsheet.

If you have real problems drop me an email and I will send through the file for you.

Win98, XL2000
This message was edited by s-o-s on 2002-10-14 06:54

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back