Help ! Beer if you can help....

Charlie170602!

I'll buy a pint for anyone who can helpsave me an endless amount of time copying and pasting excel charts ito powerpoint...the problem is

(1) When I copy and paste charts into powerpoint I originally went through the paste special, paste link function. However when I right click on the chart in powerpoint and "update links" the chart/graph goes absolutely massive across the whole slide - I then have to click on the slide and delete it....hence at the moment I'm copying and pasting in as a picture each time (which is hard work every month when you are doing 30+ graphs)

All I want to be able to do is set them up in powerpoint and just update links everymonth !

I have a number of charts per slide (between 1 and 6) not sure if this impacts - but they have to be there as this is the report format

i Will buy a pint for anyone who can help me solve this one !!

(2) As an aside what is the best way to get graphs into powerpoint from a seperate excel workbook ? Even when i copy in as pictures i still have to resize each and everyone of them once in powerpoint, are there any shortcuts to this?

Manythanks

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but creating charts in excel and copying them over to powerpoint seems the wrong thing to do. Why not insert the charts into powerpoint and then adjust it's source each month that'll save you copy/pasting anything.

Insert>>Chart (in Powerpoint)

Upvote 0
Thanks....

Off the back of yoour response i've tried setting up the graphs in powerpoint ....but this is like pulling teeth, powerpoint keeps freezing and crashing. Sure the point in having a link function in powerpoint is to do just that - the real issue I have here is around the particular graph expanding across the whole slide when "update links" is clicked on

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back