Help build Statistic Formula

Newbienew

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day,

I have to construct a statistic section for a daily used sheet. I have made a few attempts to figure this out using countif(s), sumif, and the if functions but realized that part of my issue is that my data is offset. Part of my data is in one cell, I have merged cells that I can not change, and the remaining data is in another cell that is offset from the first cell. I will explain what I am attempting to do here, but I added comments on my spreadsheet to have a better visual explanation.

I have to make stats for eight people, each having their section to feed another sheet. In my sample, A88 would be the worker's name, and the formulas would work from there. Each cell would add how many times A88 and the data appears.

What is the best formula to use, specially being I will have to copy it to other sheets as well.

Click Here for the Project

Thank you in advance for your aid.

I got so caught up in the formula working I didn't realize that the cell above the name is not counted. On the original version, there are no double names, I updated the link above but still left the colors that need to be calculated.

When I applied your formula today, only the end day showed, not the start date and I realized it was counting two cells with the name "A" in it.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I got so caught up in the formula working I didn't realize that the cell above the name is not counted. On the original version, there are no double names, I updated the link above but still left the colors that need to be calculated.

When I applied your formula today, only the end day showed, not the start date and I realized it was counting two cells with the name "A" in it.
I solved it again download this one
All formulas are entered while pressing ctrl shift enter

Upvote 0
@shinigamilight Good day. I was hoping you would be able to assist me with a different variation of the project. The goal I have is to have the Name, the date, and the code counted but if there are specific entries, they will not be counted. I made a small example off to the left at the top of the sheet of what the lower part should look like. I attempted to figure it out on my own in in cell B89 and below but it didn't work out to well for me.

Project 32 retiv

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back