HELP!!!!Calculating Character Values From A To B

I have a task that involves working with two applications, Graphical Query Language (GQL) and MS Excel. I am currently dumping data from our Oracle database through GQL and into Excel. I have two spreadsheets, one that will hold the dump and the other that will contain the structured report with graphs located on 34 different tabs within the worksheet containing different Departments within our organization.

What I would like to do is, after the initial dump, transfer that data from spreadsheetA and copy that data systematically into spreadsheetB populating all graphs with that information for our VP’s.

The issue is: I have a survey that calculations need to be applied against, there are questions that are asked and then those questions will be evaluated by counting the number of each response pertaining to each question answered. Each answer will hold it’s own calculation on a graph on spreadsheetB related to that department.

How can this be done?

Count the number of :
Very Satisfied
Somewhat Satisfied
Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
Somewhat Dissatisfied (Please explain)
Very Dissatisfied (Please explain)

In each column for each depart with totals.
Is this the right way to use this formula?

=COUNTIF('FW FILE DUMP'!A2:A216,DEPARTMENTS!A3=SUMIF('FW FILE DUMP'!C1:C209,DEPARTMENTS!A52))

This is what I am trying to do:

IF the list of Departments in WorksheetA in cells A2:A216 = 'ADMISSIONS AUTH & TRANSFERS' AND the cells answers in WorksheetA related to that department = 'Very Satisfied' Count how many times 'Very Satisfied' appear for that department in WorksheetA.

This is what I am saying but how do I put it in a formula format so it will work?

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Re: HELP!!!!Calculating Character Values From A ToSpreadshee

Help!!!! :oops:

I have a task that involves working with two applications, Graphical Query Language (GQL) and MS Excel. I am currently dumping data from our Oracle database through GQL and into Excel. I have two spreadsheets, one that will hold the dump and the other that will contain the structured report with graphs located on 34 different tabs within the worksheet containing different Departments within our organization.

What I would like to do is, after the initial dump, transfer that data from spreadsheetA and copy that data systematically into spreadsheetB populating all graphs with that information for our VP’s.

The issue is: I have a survey that calculations need to be applied against, there are questions that are asked and then those questions will be evaluated by counting the number of each response pertaining to each question answered. Each answer will hold it’s own calculation on a graph on spreadsheetB related to that department.

How can this be done?

Count the number of :
Very Satisfied
Somewhat Satisfied
Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
Somewhat Dissatisfied (Please explain)
Very Dissatisfied (Please explain)

In each column for each depart with totals.
:eek:

Upvote 0
Could you please provide some more information?

Perhaps even some sample data, and the expected/required results.

You mention a survey?

What's the connection with the data coming from Oracle?

By the way posting in colour and over-sized fonts can put some people offf replying.:)

Upvote 0
What I am trying to do is copy values from one portion of the worksheet that are characters and place them in a separate part calculating them to create a graph. I have about 30 Departments that need to be monitored for Flextime activity with questions. Each question will be calculated differently as a number with totals of each answer appearing on the pie chart graph giving the different ranges or variences between each answer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back