Help! Can I add the index or offset function to my textjoin formula? I need to skip every other column

Linzexcel

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook that unfortunately has merged cells. I am using the textjoin function to get multiple lines of data into one cell (on another sheet) but i need to drag this formula down but had it skip every other column in order to skip empty/merged ones. I have tried adding the index function and the offset function to the textjoin formula i have set up but it is NOT working. Is this even possible to do? Can you add the ability to skip columns or rows to any formula? Thank you!

WAIT! I got it! omg....thank you so much. I was all wrong to change it to COLUMNS. I changed it back to ROWS because I saw the error that I made in the formula somewhere else! Thank you SO much!!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Why did you change ROWS to COLUMNS? The purpose behind ROWS(AA$27:AA27)*2-1 is so that as you drag the formula down, ROWS(AA$27:AA27)*2-1 will return 1,3,5, etc., which are the column indexes that you want: for example, the 1st column in the range R$27:Z$61 (i.e., column R) then the 3rd column in the range R$27:Z$61 (i.e., column T), etc. If you got a #REF! error, something else is wrong.

Upvote 0
You are correct, it was definitely an error on my part, lack of knowledge for sure haha. But this has been a learning experience and I really appreciate your help and time! But once I went back to ROWS and saw where the other error was, it is working perfectly!

Upvote 0
That’s great to hear. I’m glad you got it working…and I’m happy to help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back