HeRoseInThree

Board Regular
I have data that totals values for me, however I do not want or need the total information. Is there a way to search if b:b has "*total" that it changes the color of the text (conditional formatting) to white for the rest of the row?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Sure. Select all the rows you want to apply this to, and use the following Conditional Formatting formula:
Code:
=RIGHT($B1,5)="total"
and then select your white font color.

Note, when you write the equation, you always right it according to the first cell in your selection. Excel will automatically adjust it for all the others.
So, if you are starting your row selection on row 2, you would use $B2, not $B1.
The "$" is an absolute range reference, telling Excel to "freeze" the column reference at "B", so all cells will look at column B as you move across the row.
By not putting the absolute reference in front of the row reference, it allows that to move as you move down columns to other rows.

Upvote 0
Solution
I have another conditional formatting question.

If I filter some results out, can I highlight or otherwise separate every other row? I normally use =MOD(ROW(),2) but it wants to highlight every other row and not every other visible row...

Upvote 0
It does get a little tricky, but when the directions are step by step like that, even I can follow them!!! Thank you again!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back