Help Corrupt File

alexk

I believe I'm working out of a corrupt file and it's affecting the functionality of Excel. I constantly get error reports from excel and the program has to shut down (file is 2.5mb). It then automatically recovers the file. I have charts that won't update, etc. I'm using a 2002 version of Excel, so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Re-creating the file is not an option as it is very complex and has taken me several weeks. Any ideas, under big time constraints.

Thank you!!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I have tried Help, Detect, Repair but it still did not work. It still will randomly crash when I open up the file.

Upvote 0
I had just this problem today on a very very small file, and detect and repair did not fix the problem. I made a copy of the file, emailed this to myself, changed machines and it works on the other one.

I don't know if the fact that I moved from an XP using Excel 2002 to another using SP3 made any difference, but I seem to have got my file back. The problem seemed to occur each time I tried to save after changing some macro code.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back